Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hey, I'm doing it!

This made me emotional when I looked up the numbers this morning, so I had to share. I started my pregnancy with Oz at 166lbs. At 32 weeks I was 204lbs and I got up to 215 before he was born. Started this one at 198.6 (in the obese range for my height) and am currently 195-197ish. I've definitely had some splurge days but overall I'm really proud of how I've held myself accountable for taking care of my body and the baby during this pregnancy so far. I've gained 45-55 pounds with all 3 of my other kids (no matter if I started at 175, 190 or 166) and honestly I was terrified of what getting up to 250 this time would do to my overall health and in terms of increasing prenatal risk of complications for both of us. I've never really lost weight during breastfeeding, either (gained, actually) so it'll be interesting to see if I can keep on track with nutrition and slowly but steadily get back down to a healthy weight (I'm 5'7", so 159 is where I get into the 'normal' range) while still maintaining a good supply.

No comments: