Monday, February 2, 2009

Prenatal Appt

I was 17w 5d yesterday when we went for our second appointment at the birth center. We got to the birth center right on time and Lolli went right to playing with the toys. While Zach kept an eye on her, I went to the bathroom, peed in a cup, stuck the test strips in it, and matched the colors up. All 3 tests were negative - woohoo! Then I weighed myself - I've gained 3 pounds with this pregnancy, which I already knew from weighing myself at home. I wrote the test results and my weight in my chart and turned it back into the front desk.

After that we went in with the midwife. She talked about how we'll schedule our ultrasound (I get to call the lab tomorrow to make an appointment for sometime in the next few weeks!). Then she asked if I was having swelling (nope) or if I'm feeling any contracting when Lolli's nursing (I'm not!). She marked down how often I'm feeling movement. She offered the Alpha Feto Protein test - we declined. After that she took my blood pressure which was 106/68, so that's all fine and dandy.

Then I hopped up on the table and Lolli freaked out for a moment because she's afraid of the crinkly paper (it reminds her of getting her vaccines at her ped's office, LOL). After Lolli calmed down, the midwife verified that my uterus is 1 finger-length below my belly button, right where it should be.Then she busted out the gel and doppler and searched for the little one's heartbeat. It was hanging out waaay down low. The baby was kicking up a storm, too, which was funny to hear. Anyway, the heartbeat was 158-160.

So all-in-all it was a very routine, not-too-exciting appointment, which is what we like at this point in a pregnancy! Next appointment's in 4 weeks on March 2nd :) I called this morning and scheduled our ultrasound for Friday the 13th - ha! I'll be 19w 2d. That day was open for Zach and I don't have Molly that day so it's perfect... as long as the kid isn't wearing a hockey mask! I wonder what Lolli will think of it... I hope she doesn't freak out again if I have to lay back on crinkley paper ;)

No comments: